Jewelry is a special gift you can give to anyone significant in your life. However, deciding to gift your loved one jewelry is easier than actually doing it. You will need to decide whether you will give them a bracelet or ring, if they prefer silver or gold pieces, what you want the gift to mean, and so much more! Fortunately, the experts at Michael’s Jewelers are here to guide you toward the perfect gift for your special someone. Keep these tips in mind as you start shopping for gifts this holiday season.
Consider Who Will Be Wearing the Jewelry
Jewelry has the most meaning (and value) when chosen with a specific person in mind. When shopping for the ideal piece this holiday, think about the gift’s recipient and their personal style. Do they have particular tastes in fashion and jewelry? For example, what’s their preference for gold vs. white gold? Try to align your gift with this style in mind.
In addition to their personal style, consider their lifestyle. For example, if they frequently work with their hands (such as a preschool teacher, florist, or baker), a ring or bracelet may not be the best choice. A necklace, on the other hand, could be a perfect fit.
Pay Attention to the Message You’re Sending
Jewelry is frequently used as a statement piece in many people’s outfits — and for good reason! It can elevate any style and communicate whether the person feels sensual and romantic or sassy and confident.
Just like the piece of jewelry says a lot about the person wearing it, your holiday gift says a lot about how you feel about the recipient. For this reason, you need to be careful of the message you’re sending. After all, you don’t want to accidentally express romantic feelings for a coworker when you are just trying to be friendly!
As you shop for holiday jewelry, keep these things in mind:
- The more expensive the jewelry, the more serious you are about the relationship. If you’re shopping for your significant other, don’t be afraid to go all out, especially if you’re in a committed relationship. If you’re shopping for a friend or distant relative, it’s okay to spend a little less.
- Rings carry significant weight in romantic relationships. Be extra considerate when presenting your significant other with a ring box this holiday season. They may think you’re about to propose. If you are ready to pop the question, the holidays can be a romantic time to get down on one knee. And Michael’s Jewelers has a vast selection of designer engagement rings for sale, so you can be sure to get one that will have your loved one swooning.
- Jewelry can demonstrate your appreciation for family. Are you thinking about giving your mother or sister a piece of jewelry this holiday season? Consider a necklace or ring with your family birthstones or a unique engraving.
If you want to be able to find the perfect piece of jewelry for your loved one this holiday season, you need to start shopping now! Jewelry stores in Hamilton, NJ, and the surrounding areas are already stocking their holiday inventory, and the best pieces will go fast, especially with Black Friday right around the corner.
Another benefit of crossing items off your holiday shopping list early is having enough time to order custom designs. A personalized ring, necklace, or bracelet can show how much the gift recipient means to you, but it takes time for these gifts to come to fruition. Depending on the style of the jewelry, it could be anywhere from two to four weeks before the piece is in your hands — and that’s after you’ve approved the design!
Need Some Suggestions? Try These!
If you’re not sure where to start, consider buying and wrapping up one of these jewelry pieces this holiday season:
- Sterling Silver: Even when you don’t know someone’s personal preference for jewelry, you can never go wrong with giving them a timeless sterling silver bracelet or necklace.
- Birthstone: Jewelry with birthstones are great options for mothers, sisters, and friends.
- Watch: Do you want to give Dad or the important man in your life a special gift? Consider a luxury timepiece.
Shop for Holiday Jewelry at Michael’s Jewelers
Buying jewelry for your special someone this holiday season doesn’t have to be a stressful experience, especially when you shop at Michael’s Jewelers. Our staff is well-versed in the latest trends and can help you interpret your loved one’s style into something they will cherish forever. Looking for a discount during the holiday season! We’re offering 40% off all in-stock jewelry this holiday season, so check out our inventory and find the perfect piece for you or your loved ones.
Stop by our store today to start shopping for fine jewelry!